Many parents have learned the benefits of swaddling. It is an ancient wisdom-bestowed practice across many cultures to help sensitive babies sleep soundly. Through the containment of arms, Moro reflex is inhibited to avoid startling sleeping baby awake, which in turn gives tired mommy and daddy their much-needed rest.
Having a baby is exciting, it’s life-changing, it’s the best experience one can have… until the sleep deprivation, overwhelming uncertainty, hormonal inbalance… basically, the reality of having a baby kicks in!! The first 6 months are the most nerve-wracking, we ride the emotional roller coaster of laughter and tears, mesmerizing in a well of love for another being that we never imaging possible, while barely holding on to our own sanity. In these first 6 months, we are supposed to get the hang of feeding, figure out the messages of different crying, establish daily routine, restore our body and energy, regain our strength and muscle… all these would be a lot of easier if we can rest a little better.
Many parents have learned the benefits of swaddling. It is an ancient wisdom-bestowed practice across many cultures to help sensitive babies sleep soundly. Through the containment of arms, Moro reflex is inhibited to avoid startling sleeping baby awake, which in turn gives tired mommy and daddy their much-needed rest. Thanks to the many parentprenure, there are now many swaddle solutions available in the market. Nonetheless, I continue to hear from many parents in my classes voicing their frustration regarding swaddling, including:
- the nightly catch-22 of leaving baby soaked in diaper or changing diaper and resulting in a crying awoken baby,
- the reparative, seemingly unending cycle of rocking to sleep, putting down to swaddle, then the tucking and turning causing baby to wakeup in the process
- the dilemma of allowing for self-soothing habits, such as sucking fingers or pulling ears, so baby can put himself/herself to sleep, versus swaddle to contain Moro reflex Swado swaddle was designed with the aim to resolve these issues so that more babies and parents will benefit from interrupted, quality sleep.
Also, with the belief that we need to save our planet for our sons and daughters, Swado is environmentally conscious in:
- extending Swado usage as sleeping bag when baby overcomes Moro reflex
- packaging Swado in laundry nets or re-usable bags to eliminate plastic
- passing tests in compliance with CPSIA standards
If you are buying Swado Swaddle for your baby, we believe you will find the first few months of postpartum a little easier with better rest. If you are buying Swado Swaddle for someone else, you have chosen a gift that they will highly appreciate – a happy sleeping baby, resulting in happy mommy and daddy!